Who should audition
CYSO welcomes new members by audition throughout the season.
Here is what you need to do:
- Fill out the audition application form
- Pay the $40 Audition fee (upon acceptance, this fee covers your registration)
- Call 443-758-3157 or email the CYSO Executive Director to schedule an audition time
Prospective students age 8 to 21 who meet our audition requirements may receive a one year membership when there is a vacancy in an ensemble
Auditions will be held in the spring (May/June) at the end of each season for membership in the upcoming season; August and January auditions will be held if there are vacancies
Prospective students will be scheduled for audition by the Executive Director when the application is complete and the fee is paid
All Students in the Preparatory Orchestra, Strings Orchestra, Wind Ensemble, Concert Orchestra and members finishing their first year in the Symphony and Chamber Orchestra must re-audition for placement for the following season.
- These auditions will take place in May and June at designated times.
- All relevant members must audition at this time; the only exception would be for medical reasons.
- Any returning member who does not audition in May or June will pay a late fee when they audition in August.
- Please contact the Executive Director to schedule an audition time.
After acceptance, returning musicians must:
What to play
For all auditions
- Solo work of the student’s choice, an excerpt about 1-2 minutes in length
- Scales and arpeggios (see links below)
- Sight-reading may be required (except for Preparatory Orchestra)
Need a reminder or guideline for where you will fit in?
Instructions and Scales
Follow the link for a downloadable pdf of instructions