Thank you to our volunteers!
Our volunteers are the glue between all the seams. We are extremely grateful to all who offer their time and talents to support the students at CYSO.
CYSO is administered by our Music Director and Executive Director, with the able assistance of many volunteers who fill vital roles for us. We thank all of you who have volunteered in the past - your help has meant so much to the health and functionality of our organization.
We also thank those of you who remain active in our many administrative roles and board positions. Your continued involvement means that we can offer our young musicians an outstanding program again this year. We especially thank our Ensemble Managers who work closely with our conductors and students all season. Their diligence is key to our rehearsals running smoothly each week.
At the start of each new season we ask parents to fill any vacancies we have in our week-to-week operations and fundraising roles so we can operate efficiently again this year. Volunteering for CYSO is a great opportunity to do something that is fun, meaningful, and gets you close to the action! Please watch for the signup link provided in the weekly newsletter at the start of the season.
Ways to help
Perform tasks such as music scanning, preparing the Euterpe for mailing, tracking fundraising orders, collecting items for our silent auction, collecting ads for our concert programs, preparing concert programs, assisting with rehearsal and concert setup/teardown, selling Gala tickets, organizing fundraisers, etc.
Check in at the Parents lounge during rehearsal to see if any volunteering is needed, and watch for announcements in the weekly newsletter.
Each week we must cover several door-monitor and help-desk shifts. Please consider volunteering during your child’s rehearsal time.
Door monitor volunteer shifts
Thursday 1st shift: 5:00–7:00 PM , we need 1 person
Thursday 2nd shift: 7:00–9:00 PM, we need 1 person
- CHAMBER ORCHESTRA parents - 1st shift Thursdays in December and April
- SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA parents - 2nd shift Thursdays in November, February and May
- CONCERT ORCHESTRA parents - 2nd shift Thursdays in October, January and March
- STRING ORCHESTRA parents - 1st shift Thursdays in November and March
- PREPARATORY ORCHESTRA parents - 1st shift Thursdays in January and May
- WIND ENSEMBLE parents - 1st shift Thursdays in October and February
- JAZZ ENSEMBLE parents - all Tuesdays
- SENIOR FLUTE ENSEMBLE parents - 1st shift Thursdays in December and April
- JUNIOR FLUTE ENSEMBLE parents - 2nd shift Thursdays in December and April
Rehearsal help desk volunteer shifts
Thursday 1st shift: 5–7:00 PM, we need 1 person
Thursday 2nd shift: 7:00–8:30 PM, we need 1 person
Six people are needed to move equipment from the lower level to the cafeteria from 5:00-5:20, and to help Gail Vehslage unload her car for the Flute Ensemble rehearsal.
Ensemble Volunteer Staff
Betsy Schunke, Chamber Orchestra Manager
Tia Johnson and Yvonne Lively, Symphony Orchestra Managers
Lauren Kelly-Washington and Jason Pazour, Concert Orchestra Managers
Sue Militello and Karen Brown, String Orchestra Managers
Corie Jones, Kathy Kennedy and Julie Maggio, Preparatory Orchestra Managers
Sandie Heinicke and Karen Hasting, Wind Ensemble Managers
Tracy Edlich and Marion & Allen Hosmer, Senior Flute Ensemble Managers
Harry Dan and Becky Hagee, Junior Flute Ensemble Managers
Erika Jensen and Emily Tevault, Jazz Ensemble Manager
* Also seeking volunteers for the Board of Directors - contact the Executive Director if interested.